Finding a book fair theme can be as easy or as complicated as you make it. Let's start with something easy, seasonal themes will always work. Here are some reasons why this theme can be easily carried out:
- Inspiration is all around, picking your book fair theme from the season in which it occurs gives you immediate and plentiful access to decorations whether purchased or donated. Most everyone has or could find items to use for decorations easily.
- Broad or narrow, it is up to you. Your seasonal theme can be narrowed by relating it to a specific month or event. It can also be as broad as you want by relating to an entire season of the calendar. Some examples of each straetgy are:
- Back to School becomes the "Get Back Into Books" fair
- Halloween becomes "Haunted Book Fair"
- If you fair occurs during Sept., Oct., or Nov. you could host the "Fall Into A Good Book" fair. Other suggestions might be "Winter Wonderland" or "Book are Blooming in Book Fair Garden"
I hope these suggestions were helpful to you and got your creative juices flowing. Stay tuned for further theme and event ideas every Thursday.